Boston Carpet Cleaning
See if We Have Top-Rated
Boston Carpet Cleaning in Your Area
Rug Cleaning Services in
- Statewide Cleaning Incorporated
P.O. Box 300949, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
- T4HC Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
9 Pine Wood Road, Amesbury, MA 01913
- 1st Choice Cleaning
176 Newbury Street, Lot 6, Teabody, MA 01960
- Dun Rite Services
8 Varnun Court, Lynn, MA 01905
It's no easy task keeping carpets in Beantown looking like new. In a city that gets 42 inches of rain and snow every year, not to mention sleet, high humidity, and fog, tracking mud and dirt into your home is a matter of course, not an isolated event. Add to that the fact that one of Boston's many nicknames is "Walking City, USA," thanks to being ranked #7 on the list of cities whose residents prefer to travel on foot (Cambridge ranks #1), and the need for carpet cleaning in Boston comes around more often than most homeowners like to admit.
Boston Carpet Cleaning Costs Coming to the realization that your carpets are due for a cleaning isn't a very pleasant one. Knowing how much (or how little) the average cost for carpet cleaning services in Boston run might brighten your day a little, however. Based on in-house data that ServiceMagic collects on all jobs that begin as contractor referrals in our system, the average cost of hiring Boston carpet cleaners runs a very reasonable $177 per job. Even better, that figure doesn't vary much, whether your job is big or small. The most expensive carpet cleaning in Boston we have record of ran a mere $350, while the cheapest cost just $49. Might sound like a lot if this is the first time you've priced carpet cleaning out, but compared to jobs running several thousand dollars that we routinely run into in other major metropolitan areas, that's downright cheap. No doubt, those more expensive cleanings do exist in Boston (if you live in a monster home out in the suburbs, for example), but all in all, if you've got a need for carpet cleaners in Boston, there's a good chance you'll get out on the cheap.
Benefits of Carpet Cleaning in Boston There are many reasons that contracting out for Boston carpet cleaning services is a good idea. Maintaining the good looks and longevity of your carpet tops the list for most homeowners. You can expect newly installed carpet to last in top condition for 10 to 15 years if you take care of it properly. According to the recommendations of most major carpet manufacturers, that means you should have your carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year. Throw in the fact that carpet cleaning drastically reduces the amount of dust, dirt, parasites, and allergens that are found in your home, and it's clear that a regular carpet cleaning not only protects your investment (i.e. your carpet), but your health as well.
Boston Carpet Cleaning Methods Deciding to clean your carpets is an easy decision. Finding a carpet cleaner that's going to do a good job is another prospect altogether, especially considering all the different companies and methods of carpet cleaning in Boston you have to choose from. Here's a carpet cleaning primer to help guide you on your way.
- Shampooing and foam cleaning methods are the oldest, and least effective methods of carpet cleaning. Unless you're sentimental about old style carpet cleaning, you're probably better off choosing another method.
- Bonnet cleaning (also known as "carbonated" or "dry" carpet cleaning), and actual dry carpet cleaning (which utilizes a dry powder that attracts and removes dirt), are both effective Boston carpet cleaning methods, have short, or no, drying times, and are best when used for intermittent "maintenance" cleanings.
- Hot water extraction, more commonly known as steam cleaning, is far and away your best bet if your carpet is in need of a true deep cleaning. It's the process recommended by most carpet manufacturers, and when it comes to getting deep down into the pile and removing dirt, stains, and grime, there is no equal. The only drawback of this method is longer drying times, since the carpet will be damp through and through after the cleaning. Expect to have to wait up to eight hours before your carpets are clean enough to get your life back together.
Strategies for Keeping Boston Carpets Clean in the First Place Of course, since the need for carpet cleaning in Boston is a regular affair, there are some steps you can take to reduce the frequency that you'll need to clean carpets in the first place. First and foremost, vacuum, vacuum, and vacuum some more. There's no better way to fend off Boston carpet cleaners than picking up that dirt before it gets ground into the carpet pile. Secondly, attack possible stains with a vengeance. Nothing makes a carpet look worse, or inspire the need for professional carpet cleaning services in Boston more, than a carpet pockmarked with stains. Blot up spills as soon as they occur (never scrub), and keep at them, adding more water and continued blotting until you see no trace of the original spill. Finally, think prevention. Put house rules into effect that prohibit eating in carpeted areas, make family members and guests remove their shoes at the door, and place thick door mats at every entrance in from outside. The best way to avoid the high costs of regular carpet cleaning in Boston is to keep your carpets clean in the first place.Matt Goering, formerly a carpenter and house painter, is a freelance writer for the home improvement industry who has published over 600 articles.
- T4HC Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning