House Cleaning & Maid Services in Denver, CO
Find the Right Pro. Right Away.
Let our ProFinder technology instantly match you to the perfect pros for your project.
Local Maid Services in Denver
Winter, spring, summer, or fall, Denver offers its own challenges to those who like to keep a clean house. Whether people are tracking in mud or snow, dust or pollen, your house needs to be cleaned.
Some people want a one-time clean up after a party, while others want routine cleaning. Also, with rentals and purchases on the rise, homeowners, landlords, and agents want the house or apartment looking its best for prospective buyers or renters. Whichever the case may be, hiring a cleaning service will save you valuable time.
Table of Contents:
- How Denver Compares in Cost
- Service Areas Covered in Denver
- What is Typically Covered?
- Commercial or Independent Cleaner?
- Background Checks & Reviews
How Denver Stacks Up
Homes in Denver are no different from any other house in the country that needs cleaning, yet the costs can differ because of local markets and seasonal workloads. For example, winter doesn’t hold the same cleaning dread as Denver in, say, Santa Barbara, California. Denver also has the largest city park system in the nation with 205 parks in city limits and 20,000 acres of parks in the nearby mountains, which means a lot of dirt and leaves that track into homes, condos and apartments.
So where does Denver fall on the scale of house cleaning costs? Let’s looks at some of the most common tasks and compare costs to the national average:
- Single Family Home
- National Average: $152.00
- Denver Average: $148.00
- National Average: $207.00
- Denver Average: $184.00
- National Average: $152.00
- Denver Average: $138.00
- National Average: $206.00
- Denver Average: $138.00
- National Average: $155.00
- Denver Average: $130.00
- National Average: $331.00
- Denver Average: $301.00
- Window Treatments
- National Average: $231.00
- Denver Average: $159.00
- Walls and Ceilings
- National Average: $333.00
- Denver Average: $318.00
- Gutters and Downspouts
- National Average: $144.00
- Denver Average: $124.00
Keeping a clean house in Denver is about $30 cheaper per task, or $271 overall when compared to the national average! With over 300 listings for commercial and residential house cleaners in our directory, the competition helps keep prices low.Return to Top
When a cleaning company says that they service “Denver” or “the Denver area”, they’re usually talking about more than just the acreage that makes up the city of Denver. They can include outlying communities such as Aurora as well. Others may specify that they regularly service “the Greater Denver Metro area”, an area which covers specific neighborhoods. This doesn’t mean that they don’t service places outside of that area, but you should call for availability.
- “Denver” – This refers to the more central area of Denver and includes: Bonnie Brae, Capitol Hill, Denver Country Club, Hilltop, and North Cherry Creek.
- Denver Metro – This is a more wide-reaching service area that is usually covered by a service with one or two satellite offices to ensure better, timely coverage. The service area often includes areas outside of Denver. It can include: Arvada, Broomfield, Commerce City/Reunion, Downtown, Henderson and Green Valley Ranch, The Highlands, North Glen, Park Hill, Stapleton, Superior, Thornton, Westminster, and Wheat Ridge.
- Surrounding Areas – Many cleaning services will travel outside of the Denver area or have satellite offices to allow them to service Denver and communities further away. These areas often include: Arvada, Aurora, Boulder, Brighton, Broomfield, Castle Pines, Castle Rock, the DTC, Englewood, Frederick, Golden, Highlands Ranch, Lafayette, Lakewood, Littleton, Louisville, Parker, Superior, Thornton, and Westminster.
Some cleaning services list their coverage area by the ZIP code. With over 70 ZIP codes, there’s sure to be a cleaning service available in your area. When calling for a cleaning service, always call an office close to where the cleaning is to be done. This will help you avoid any travel charges. If the company you choose doesn’t have an office in your area, you may have to pay a little more for the travel.Return to Top
What Do Typical Cleaning Services in Denver Cover?
The typical cleaning service covers a number of basic tasks such as vacuuming and mopping. Some services, such as cleaning your refrigerator or oven, are considered extra services and will cost a little more.
A typical house cleaning in Denver averages $148.00. Among the standard services offered are:
- Spot cleaning of fingerprints and water spots
- Dusting of surfaces
- Scrubbing and sanitizing sinks, countertops, and fixtures
- Cleaning and disinfecting showers, bathtubs, and shower doors
- Cleaning outside and around toilets
- Removing and/or protecting items from area to be cleaned (you can save a little money by doing this yourself before the maid arrives)
- Cleaning mirrors and other such surfaces to a high-glossy, streak-free shine.
Services that can cost extra are often worth it for the time they’ll save you. These extra services include:
- Cleaning inside of your oven or refrigerator
- Shampooing carpets or rugs
- Windows (the actual glass)
- Walls (aside from spot cleaning)
- Oiling wood
- Cleaning high fixtures and shelves or other things that must be reached by ladder
Commercial Franchise or Independent Operator?
Should you hire a company with offices around the area, a fleet of vehicles, and regular commercials on the radio, or should you hire a smaller independent operator with a station wagon full of cleaning supplies? Each has their pros and cons, and which one you choose depends on which one you feel comfortable with.
A commercial franchise is a locally-known, or even nationally-known, company. Employees are often identified by their uniforms and their clearly marked vehicles. You’ve probably heard the company name on the TV or radio.
- Readily identifiable - The uniform and marked vehicles let you know that the cleaning professional at your door does, indeed, work for that company. Some will send you a photo of who is expected to show up so that you don’t feel as though you are letting a complete stranger into your home.
- Dependability – If the person who normally cleans your house is unavailable, the company will have others who can be called in to meet the cleaning contract.
- Customer Service – A large company has a large reputation to keep up. As such, they are motivated to perform to the highest degree they can. There is a reasonable expectation that complaints will be regarded very seriously and followed through on.
- Insured and bonded – Larger companies are sure to carry all of the necessary insurance in case of injury or property damage on the job.
- Contracts – Most franchises will require you to sign a contract for a certain amount of service.
- Rescheduling – Many larger companies work on tight schedules, and last-minute changes sometimes cannot be accommodated very easily.
- Price – A commercial cleaning service will charge between $25.00 and $35.00 per hour per cleaner. Since prices are set by a main office, they are usually not negotiable.
Independent operators don’t have the same recognition as a larger company. Many are found through websites that list people offering their services. Many of these websites have requirements to make sure that the people they are listing are legitimate and meet certain criteria.
- Contracts – Many independent operators don’t require contracts.
- Rescheduling – An independent operator is usually more flexible in scheduling and can handle last-minute changes easier than a larger operator can.
- Price – Independent operators are more flexible in their pricing. Some can be found for as low as $10.00 per hour, and many are willing to work with you on the price depending on what needs to be done.
- Recognition – Since the same person is usually cleaning your house each time, you can develop a level of trust by getting to know them personally.
- Dependability – If your cleaner is out sick or otherwise can’t get to your home, there is often no alternative person available.
- Insurance – If the person you’ve hired to clean your home doesn’t have insurance, you are responsible for any injuries or damages that happen during the course of the job.
- Customer Service – Unlike a large company, an independent operator is the owner, the boss, the employee, and the customer service department all rolled into one. This means that any complaints you may have are sent to the person you most likely have the complaint against. While many independent operators take their professional reputations very seriously, be warned that not all do.
Background Checks & Reviews
Before hiring anybody to clean your home, you must have background checks performed and reviews followed up on. Any cleaning company should be willing to provide you with references. A larger cleaning service should already have background checks performed on its employees even if they classify them as “independent contractors” (a somewhat common practice to keep costs down). If you’re hiring an independent operator, you may want to run the background check yourself.
A basic background check can cost around $10.00 to $20.00. This level generally looks for arrests, felonies, and misdemeanors within a single state. More in-depth background checks can be had for $25.00 to $50.00. These will cover a national criminal background check. Finally, a very in-depth background check that includes personal, financial, and business histories can be had for $80.00 to $150.00.
Denver experiences all four of the seasons in a way that only Denver can. With snowy winters, rainy springs, warm summers, and crisp falls, Mother Nature enjoys spending her time in Denver and the surrounding area. She’s sure to find her way into your home whether through the steady traffic of family and guests, or simply by being part of the city. Hiring a cleaning service is a labor- and time-smart way to keep your house looking its best whether you’re selling, renting, or putting down roots.Return to Top
Recent Job Requests for Cleaning & Maid Services Contractors in Denver, CO
Unscreened Cleaning & Maid Services Contractors in Denver
Bailey, CO 80421
Boulder, CO 80304
Boulder, CO 80304
Aurora, CO 80013
Thornton, CO 80229
Aurora, CO 80013
Thornton, CO 80233
Erie, CO 80516