House Cleaning & Maid Services in San Diego, CA
Find the Right Pro. Right Away.
Let our ProFinder technology instantly match you to the perfect pros for your project.
San Diego at a Glance
Perched on the coast of the Pacific Ocean and adjacent to the border of Mexico, San Diego, CA is the eighth-largest city in the United States and the second-largest city in California. Tourism is a major industry in San Diego, due to such factors as its beaches, the world-famous San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, SeaWorld San Diego, and historic sites such as Old Town San Diego State Historic Park.
Popular San Diego Neighborhoods
With a wide mix of neighborhoods to suit any kind of taste, there is much to see and do in this diverse city. San Diego prides itself on being a city of villages, embracing and celebrating the unique neighborhoods of which it is comprised.
With Pacific Beach on its northern side and Belmont Park on its southern side, Mission Beach is a popular tourism destination with many rental properties for visitors. Cleaning services are in high demand in this area due to the weekly turnovers in popular beach rental properties.
Carlsbad is drawing a new breed of homeowners with its increased spending on infrastructure to support healthy lifestyles, including new cyclist and walker-friendly sidewalk designs. Attractive to well-heeled families with children, Carlsbad maid services are also in high demand. Another hot spot for kids is Chula Vista, where the schools receive an A+ for healthy living initiatives, parent involvement, and safe school programs.
Little Italy is also a hit with families with kids, with family-friendly activities and events year-round. Large, pet-friendly condos and apartments populate the downtown area, with lots of work for maid services to perform in this vibrant neighborhood.
Mission Hills, a self-proclaimed foodie paradise, is drawing a big crowd with its renewed emphasis on good food and good friends. With the influx of new visitors as well as new permanent residents, cleaning services are booming in this village. Another neighborhood for discerning foodies is North Park, where you can find a large selection of craft beers to complement your meals.
Billed as the most walkable area in San Diego, La Mesa recently upgraded its intersections and pedestrian-friendly downtown area. This peaceful town is close enough to the city proper to provide an urban feel, yet removed enough to provide a more laid-back vibe. Standard cleaning services are abundant here, for those interested in keeping their homes spotless and their walking trails close at hand.
If you would rather ride than walk, San Marcos is a popular destination. Walnut Grove Horse Park hosts an annual Horse Heritage Festival in October that celebrates all things equestrian. The Twin Oaks Valley Trail encourages riders, walkers, joggers, and cyclists to enjoy the beauty of its lush landscape.
How Much Does a Maid Service Cost in San Diego?
Maid services in San Diego do not vary widely from the national average. On the lower end of the spectrum, very basic maid services can cost as little as $65, which is slightly higher than the national average of $50.
On the high end of the spectrum, however, the opposite is true. The average high-end cost of cleaning services in San Diego is approximately $300, while the national high-end average is $333.
For the most part, San Diego maid services march in step with national prices, with the average price of cleaning services at a median of $152 to $159.
Of course, prices vary according to a number of factors, such as:
- Cleaning frequency
- Presence of pets in the home
- Variety of surfaces to be cleaned
- Size of the home
- Any specialty cleaning required
- Number of workers on the job
What Is Included with Standard Maid Service?
For a standard cleaning in San Diego, you can expect your maid service to perform the following duties:
- Kitchen Cleaning: Clean and polish sink and faucet; clean outside, top, and front of range; clean front of fridge and dishwasher; clean outside of microwave and small countertop appliances; clean and disinfect countertops; clean tables and chairs; dust or wipe baseboards; spot clean cabinet doors and faces; remove cobwebs; perform general dusting; vacuum or mop floors.
- Bathroom Cleaning: Clean mirrors and fixtures; spot clean cabinets and vanities; clean and disinfect sinks; clean and disinfect countertops; clean and disinfect showers, tile walls, and toilets; wash and disinfect floors; chemically treat any mildew; remove cobwebs; perform general dusting; clean baseboards and window sills; change towels; remove trash.
- Living Areas and Bedrooms: Sweep, mop, or vacuum floors, depending on floor covering; make beds; empty trash; dust all flat surfaces; clean mirrors; dust picture frames and large knickknacks; dust and clean windowsills and ledges; dust vent covers; remove cobwebs; dust baseboards; tidy room appearance with light, general straightening; dust ceiling fans and blinds.
Many maid services prefer to begin with a deep cleaning of your home before agreeing to maintain a standard cleaning schedule. A deep cleaning typically costs between $200 and $400. When hiring a San Diego maid service for a one-time cleaning, you can expect to pay considerably more than you might pay for weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly cleanings. This is because most maid services offer a discount for regularly scheduled services.
Additionally, one-time cleanings are usually more labor-intensive, thereby raising the price if you are paying the maid service an hourly rate. Here are some quick comparisons of costs between one-time cleanings and bi-weekly cleanings:
- 900 square foot apartment: one time-$70-$200; bi-weekly-$60-$125
- 1300 square foot home: one-time-$90-$300; bi-weekly-$80-$150
- 2200 square foot home: one-time-$150-$400; bi-weekly-$100-$180
How Maid Services Charge
Your maid service may charge by the job, the hour, or the square footage of your home. Some maid services include the cost of cleaning supplies and materials in their price. This is most common for maid services that charge by the job or by the square footage of your home.
If you intend to provide your own cleaning supplies, you may find it cost-effective to hire a maid service that charges an hourly rate. Typical hourly rates in popular San Diego villages range from $25-$35 per hour.
Depending on the size of your home, you may find that a maid service that charges a flat rate for the job is a less expensive option. Though this type of maid service will generally factor in the cost of cleaning supplies, you can be assured of your cleaning budget by having a fixed price.
Maid services may also provide estimates for your home based on square footage. Especially when the cleaning to be done is on a one-time basis, many maid services calculate their rates by square footage.
Other Cleaning Services
If your San Diego property is in need of extra cleaning services, those services are available for an additional cost. Here are some of the more popular cleaning add-ons along with their associated costs:
- Carpets: $120-$236
- Upholstery: $119-$218
- Tile and Grout Deep Cleaning: $306-$653
- Windows: $116-$227
- Window Treatments: $223-$408
- Vents/Dryers: $90-$171
- Chimney: $123-$313
- Walls/Ceilings: $203-$516 (varies greatly, depending on height of ceilings)
- Gutters: $101-$190
- Roof: $273-$532
- Yard Debris Removal: $173-$465
- Waste/Trash Removal: $151-$396
- Pressure Wash Exterior Surfaces: $180-$334
- HVAC Ducts: $314-$432
San Diego’s beautiful scenery, enticing tourist attractions, and diverse villages make it a go-to destination for thousands each year. The costs of maid services in San Diego are comparable to average national costs, and maid services are quite plentiful. Excellent maid services are in high demand, however, with many San Diego neighborhoods boasting spacious, well-appointed homes, while other neighborhoods have many rental units in need of weekly maid service due to steady turnover at popular tourist destinations.
Whether you are looking for a one-time deep cleaning or a weekly or monthly scheduled standard cleaning, San Diego maid services can accommodate your needs, as well as any special cleaning requests you may have, with rates comparable to national averages.