Maine Homeowners Say:
Happy Home Scores are based on participants' answers to four key questions:
How do you feel about where you live?Best Place to LiveWorst Place to LiveNational Average
7.7 out of 10
say "It's the best place to live"
How proud are you of your home?ProudNot ProudNational Average
"My home makes me proud"
Do you agree with the statement "my home is my favorite place."AgreeDisagreeNational Average
"My home is my favorite place to be"
How interested are you in remaining in your community for the next 5 years?InterestedDisinterestedNational Average
"I plan to stay in my community for the next 5 years"
What Makes Maine's Homeowners Happy?Our research shows that homeowner happiness boils down to a combination of three important factors:
Affordable, well-functioning homes offering enjoyable accommodations
average home age
have renovated their homes
are happy with their home's size and layout
say they have adequate storage
Average Home Price (U.S. Census)
"The cost of living is reasonable"
A sense of diversity, safety and a strong neighborhood network
"I feel that my community is racially diverse"
"I feel that my community is religiously diverse"
"I live in a community that makes me feel safe"
"My community offers good fire, police and medical services"
"I have neighbors I
"I trust my neighbors"
Population (U.S. Census)
Practical commutes and access to important attractions and services
Commuting and travel times
live and work in close proximity
have a reasonable commute
have easy access to highways
Access to Attractions and Services
live within one hour of a major metro area
have access to shopping that meets their needs
live close to body of water
Average travel time to work
Want to know more? See Our Methodology.
Note about this state's report
The homeowner sample size for this state was too small to yield an accurate report; therefore, the numbers above reflect the regional data collected for the Homeowner Happiness Index.
Find General Contractors in Maine
Top 20 Requested Professionals & Locations in Maine
2. Roofing in Portland, ME
3. Additions & Remodeling in Portland, ME
4. Cleaning & Maid Services in Portland, ME
5. Electrical in Portland, ME
6. Painting in Portland, ME
7. Heating & Furnace Systems in Portland, ME
8. Handyman Services in Portland, ME
9. Siding in Portland, ME
10. Flooring & Carpet in Portland, ME
12. Roofing in Augusta, ME
13. Windows in Portland, ME
14. Electrical in Augusta, ME
15. Additions & Remodeling in Augusta, ME
16. Cleaning & Maid Services in Augusta, ME
17. Lawn & Garden Care in Portland, ME
18. Landscaping in Portland, ME
19. Garage & Garage Doors in Portland, ME
20. Tree Service in Portland, ME
Top 20 Local Projects in Maine
2. Install, Repair or Replace Plumbing or Fixtures in South Portland
3. Remodel a Bathroom in South Portland
4. Install Electrical Switches, Outlets, and Fixtures in South Portland
5. Hire a Handyman in Scarborough
6. Install, Repair or Replace Plumbing or Fixtures in Scarborough
7. Install Electrical Switches, Outlets, and Fixtures in Scarborough
8. Paint or Stain Exterior Surfaces in Scarborough
9. Hire a Handyman in Portland
10. Install, Repair or Replace Plumbing or Fixtures in Portland
11. Install Electrical Switches, Outlets, and Fixtures in Portland
12. Remodel a Bathroom in Portland
13. Hire a Handyman in Lewiston
14. Install, Repair or Replace Plumbing or Fixtures in Lewiston
15. Install Electrical Switches, Outlets, and Fixtures in Lewiston
16. Clean House Interior (Maid Service) in Lewiston
17. Hire a Handyman in Bangor
18. Install or Replace an Asphalt Shingle Roof in Bangor
19. Clean House Interior (Maid Service) in Bangor
20. Repair an Asphalt Shingle Roof in Bangor
Find a Popular Contractor in Maine
Find a Maine Contractor by Selecting a City
- Biddeford Pool
- Cape Neddick
- Cumberland Center
- Cumberland Foreside
- Hollis Center
- Kittery Point
- Long Island
- New Gloucester
- North Berwick
- North Yarmouth
- Ocean Park
- Old Orchard Beach