North Carolina Homeowners Say:
Happy Home Scores are based on participants' answers to four key questions:
How do you feel about where you live?Best Place to LiveWorst Place to LiveNational Average
8.0 out of 10
say "It's the best place to live"
How proud are you of your home?ProudNot ProudNational Average
"My home makes me proud"
Do you agree with the statement "my home is my favorite place."AgreeDisagreeNational Average
"My home is my favorite place to be"
How interested are you in remaining in your community for the next 5 years?InterestedDisinterestedNational Average
"I plan to stay in my community for the next 5 years"
What Makes North Carolina's Homeowners Happy?Our research shows that homeowner happiness boils down to a combination of three important factors:
Affordable, well-functioning homes offering enjoyable accommodations
average home age
have renovated their homes
are happy with their home's size and layout
say they have adequate storage
Average Home Price (U.S. Census)
"The cost of living is reasonable"
A sense of diversity, safety and a strong neighborhood network
"I feel that my community is racially diverse"
"I feel that my community is religiously diverse"
"I live in a community that makes me feel safe"
"My community offers good fire, police and medical services"
"I have neighbors I
"I trust my neighbors"
Population (U.S. Census)
Practical commutes and access to important attractions and services
Commuting and travel times
live and work in close proximity
have a reasonable commute
have easy access to highways
Access to Attractions and Services
live within one hour of a major metro area
have access to shopping that meets their needs
live close to body of water
Average travel time to work
Want to know more? See Our Methodology.
Find General Contractors in North Carolina
Top 20 Requested Professionals & Locations in North Carolina
2. Plumbing in Charlotte, NC
3. Additions & Remodeling in Charlotte, NC
4. Lawn & Garden Care in Charlotte, NC
5. Cleaning & Maid Services in Charlotte, NC
6. Painting in Charlotte, NC
7. Windows in Charlotte, NC
8. Flooring & Carpet in Charlotte, NC
9. Plumbing in Raleigh, NC
10. Electrical in Charlotte, NC
12. Concrete in Charlotte, NC
13. Handyman Services in Raleigh, NC
14. Tree Service in Charlotte, NC
15. Roofing in Charlotte, NC
16. Air Conditioning in Charlotte, NC
17. Landscaping in Charlotte, NC
18. Additions & Remodeling in Raleigh, NC
19. Lawn & Garden Care in Raleigh, NC
20. Appliances in Charlotte, NC
Top 20 Local Projects in North Carolina
2. Install Electrical Switches, Outlets, and Fixtures in Charlotte
3. Install, Repair or Replace Plumbing or Fixtures in Charlotte
4. Mow Grass and Maintain Landscaping in Charlotte
5. Hire a Handyman in Greensboro
6. Install, Repair or Replace Plumbing or Fixtures in Greensboro
7. Install Electrical Switches, Outlets, and Fixtures in Greensboro
8. Repair or Service an Appliance in Greensboro
9. Hire a Handyman in Durham
10. Install Electrical Switches, Outlets, and Fixtures in Durham
11. Mow Grass and Maintain Landscaping in Durham
12. Repair or Service an Appliance in Durham
13. Hire a Handyman in Fayetteville
14. Install, Repair or Replace Plumbing or Fixtures in Fayetteville
15. Install Electrical Switches, Outlets, and Fixtures in Fayetteville
16. Install or Replace an Asphalt Shingle Roof in Fayetteville
17. Hire a Handyman in Raleigh
18. Install, Repair or Replace Plumbing or Fixtures in Raleigh
19. Repair or Service an Appliance in Raleigh
20. Install Electrical Switches, Outlets, and Fixtures in Raleigh
Find a Popular Contractor in North Carolina
Find a North Carolina Contractor by Selecting a City
- Chapel Hill
- China Grove
- Fuquay Varina
- High Point
- Holly Springs
- Indian Trail
- Mills River
- Mount Holly