How Happy Are Utah's Homeowners?
In the first-of-its-kind survey, homeowners from across the nation weighed in to tell HomeAdvisor how their overall happiness is influenced by where they live. We carefully analyzed their responses to assign a Happy Home Score to 50 U.S. states and 36 major metropolitan areas. The result is the most comprehensive look ever taken into where America's homeowners are happiest and why.
Here's a look at Utah's Happy Home Score.
7.7 out of 10 say: "It's the best place to live"
"My home makes me proud"
"My home is my favorite place to be"
"I plan to stay in my community for the next 5 years"
What Makes Utah's Homeowners Happy?Our research shows that homeowner happiness boils down to a combination of three important factors:
Affordable, well-functioning homes offering enjoyable accommodations
average home age
have renovated their homes
are happy with their home's size and layout
say they have adequate storage
Average Home Price (U.S. Census)
"The cost of living is reasonable"
A sense of diversity, safety and a strong neighborhood network
"I feel that my community is racially diverse"
"I feel that my community is religiously diverse"
"I live in a community that makes me feel safe"
"My community offers good fire, police and medical services"
"I have neighbors I
"I trust my neighbors"
Population (U.S. Census)
Practical commutes and access to important attractions and services
Commuting and travel times
live and work in close proximity
have a reasonable commute
have easy access to highways
Access to Attractions and Services
live within one hour of a major metro area
have access to shopping that meets their needs
live close to body of water
Average travel time to work
Want to know more? See Our Methodology.
Find General Contractors in Utah
Top 20 Requested Professionals & Locations in Utah
2. Lawn & Garden Care in Salt Lake City, UT
3. Handyman Services in Salt Lake City, UT
4. Plumbing in Salt Lake City, UT
5. Concrete in Salt Lake City, UT
6. Flooring & Carpet in Salt Lake City, UT
7. Roofing in Salt Lake City, UT
8. Cleaning & Maid Services in Salt Lake City, UT
9. Painting in Salt Lake City, UT
10. Tree Service in Salt Lake City, UT
12. Fences in Salt Lake City, UT
13. Landscaping in Salt Lake City, UT
14. Windows in Salt Lake City, UT
15. Electrical in Salt Lake City, UT
16. Heating & Furnace Systems in Salt Lake City, UT
17. Decks in Salt Lake City, UT
18. Handyman Services in Ogden, UT
19. Lawn & Garden Care in Ogden, UT
20. Additions & Remodeling in Ogden, UT
Top 20 Local Projects in Utah
2. Service a Lawn and Garden Sprinkler System in Layton
3. Install Concrete Driveways & Floors in Layton
4. Trim Trees in Layton
5. Hire a Handyman in Sandy
6. Service a Lawn and Garden Sprinkler System in Sandy
7. Repair or Service an Appliance in Sandy
8. Remodel a Bathroom in Sandy
9. Hire a Handyman in Ogden
10. Install or Replace an Asphalt Shingle Roof in Ogden
11. Repair an Asphalt Shingle Roof in Ogden
12. Remodel a Bathroom in Ogden
13. Hire a Handyman in Salt Lake City
14. Remodel a Bathroom in Salt Lake City
15. Mow Grass and Maintain Landscaping in Salt Lake City
16. Service a Lawn and Garden Sprinkler System in Salt Lake City
17. Hire a Handyman in West Jordan
18. Service a Lawn and Garden Sprinkler System in West Jordan
19. Repair or Service an Appliance in West Jordan
20. Install Concrete Driveways & Floors in West Jordan
Find a Popular Contractor in Utah
Find a Utah Contractor by Selecting a City
- American Fork
- Bingham Canyon
- Cedar City
- Cedar Valley
- Duck Creek Village
- Eagle Mountain
- Hill AFB
- Park City
- Pleasant Grove
- Saint George
- Saratoga Springs
- Spanish Fork
- Woods Cross