During the hubbub of a big move, it’s easy to overlook the smaller items on your to-do list. Here are six few tips to help you complete your move without that “I-think-we-forgot-something” feeling.
- Use up groceries: Don’t load up on groceries if you’re a week or so away from moving — that’s just one more thing to pack. Instead, grab the essentials and work on paring down the food you already have.
- Have directions: During a big relocation, it’s helpful to know where you’re going — especially if you’re using a moving crew. Have your destination plugged into your smartphone before you make the trip to your new home. Also, in case of an emergency, keep a hardcopy of your directions somewhere handy.
- Drive the route: If you’re moving nearby, drive the route to your new home before the big day. It’s important to be aware of any clearance- or maintenance-related issues that might delay your move.
- Set up utilities: Turn on your utilities before you move in for an extra bump in comfort. Some real estate agencies handle your utility switch prior to your move. Check with your agent to see if this is an option.
- Confirm reservations: If you’re driving long distance, double-check your hotel reservations before you leave. After a long day of packing and driving, arriving to no vacancy isn’t fun.
- Bring entertainment: For long-distance moves, it’s important to bring snacks and entertainment. Books, DVD players and some kid-friendly activities will keep your passengers happy during a long trip.
No Comments Yet
You can be the first to comment!