Bathroom remodels are a popular project for any homeowner trying to improve the looks and functionality of their home. But, according to HomeAdvisor’s True Cost Guide, most bathroom renovations — even those that are budget oriented — are likely to cost at least $10,000. That’s why it’s important to hire an experienced and trustworthy pro to handle your job. Here are the questions you should ask before you hire your contractor:
Questions about the Bathroom Professional
- How long have you been a bathroom professional?
- Were you formally trained?
- How did you acquire your experience?
- Do you belong to any professional associations?
- Are you licensed and registered with the state?
- Are you insured?
- Do you have any references I may contact?
Interview Question for References
- Were you happy with the project?
- Was the job completed on time?
- Were there any unexpected expenses?
- Would you use this bathroom professional again?
- Would you recommend this bathroom contractor?
Questions about Your Bathroom Professional’s Work
- Do you give written warranties?
- Will this project require a permit?
- Can you estimate how long this will take?
- Will you provide options for different materials?
Need to find a pro for your bathroom remodel?Find Pros