Leaky faucets can be frustrating, but they can also be a quick fix if you know what to do. Use this guide to show you how to install a faucet.
- New Thermostat
- Electrical Drill
- Wall Anchor Mounts
Keep in mind: if the DIY is over your head, you can always hire a guy instead.
Steps for Installing a New Faucet
- Turn off the water to the sink you are working on and—using a wrench—disconnect the supply lines from the faucet.
- Remove the faucet by loosening the screws underneath the sink and pulling the faucet out.
- Place the new faucet through the mounting holes.
- Attach the faucet to the sink. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for this step.
- Reconnect the water line and any other plumbing accessories.
- Make sure all parts of the faucet are secure and turn the water back on.
Some manufacturers require sealant or plumber’s putty when installing the gasket.