How to Drill a Hole Without a Bit
You don’t always need power tools to hang photos. Here’s how to set a screw without a power drill:
- Find a nail. Locate a nail that is smaller than your screw.
- Puncture your wall. Drive the nail into the wall far enough to make a hole.
- Remove the nail. Remove the nail and insert the screw.
Tips on Drilling a Straight Hole
- Get two old pieces of wood from your local home improvement store.
- Glue the two pieces of wood at a 90-degree angle using wood glue.
- Let it dry.
- Use the corner as a guide for your drill bit or nail.