Covering up holes or gouges in your walls is important, especially if you’re planning to move or repaint a room. Here’s a quick how-to to help you apply Spackle to your walls:
1. Sand down the hole. Rough edges make it difficult to apply Spackle evenly. Sand down the hole and surrounding area until it’s smooth.
2. Apply Spackle. Load a small amount of Spackle onto your putty knife and smear it over the hole.
3. Smooth the Spackle. Use your finger or the putty knife to smooth the Spackle over the hole.
4. Apply a second coat. Wait for the Spackle to dry and apply a second coat. Sometimes wet Spackle can sink into the hole and create an uneven surface.
5. Wipe down the surface. Use a wet rag to wipe down the Spackle after the second coat has dried.