Denver Kitchen Cabinet Remodeling
See if We Have Top-Rated
Denver Cabinets Contractors in Your Area
Cabinet Refacing Services in
- Zampieri's Carpentry
1830 Cody Street, Lakewood, CO 80215
- Encompass Real Estate Solutions, LLC
1320 North Taft Avenue, Loveland, CO 80537
- Kitchen Tune- Up # 411
5818 E. County Line Pl. # 300, Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
- Cabinet Restyle, Inc.
5350 South Miller Street, Littleton, CO 80127
Replacing a Denver kitchen cabinet set is one of the best ways to reinvent your kitchen in one fell swoop. It's kind of like doing what they did to Stapleton International Airport, only kitchen style. Raze the old, bring in the new. And just like DIA put the old Stapleton to shame when it first opened back in '95, a new Denver kitchen cabinet remodeling project will leave you wondering how you ever put up with your old, rag tag bunch of cabinets in the first place.
Choosing the Right Kitchen Cabinet in Denver for You
Especially for those who haven't been through it before, choosing the right kitchen cabinetry for your home can be a daunting task. There are multiple things to take into consideration, including your kitchen's design, your personal tastes, your budget, the overall design of your home, and things like functionality and fit. And really, that list is just to wet your lips a little bit and get you thinking. When it comes to kitchen cabinetry, there can literally be thousands of different details to choose from. Despite that variety, we'll start simple. Before you even start thinking about which wood to go with, or whether you want stainless steel or colored laminate, you're going to need to select a style of cabinetry that's going to be right for you. To get the jump on making that decision, please read on.
The Custom, Semi-Stock, Stock, Denver Kitchen Cabinet Dilemma
The choice between custom, semi-stock, and stock kitchen cabinetry is probably the first you'll be faced with as you begin down the long road that will eventually lead you to a beautiful new set of kitchen cabinetry. This is also a game we like to call "How Much Do You Have to Spend?" It's a little like choosing between the Broker, Wynkoop Brewery, and Chili's for dinner. They'll all serve you up a good meal, but there's no question that you're going to get what you pay for.
- Custom cabinetry is the crıme de la crıme of kitchen cabinet remodels in Denver. It's custom designed, built, and installed for you by a skilled craftsman. That also means they're not cheap. You should expect to pay tens of thousands of dollars for an average sized kitchen cabinet renovation in Denver. Still, these cabinets are heads and tails above other options and are worth every dime if you have the means.
- Semi-stock cabinetry refers to cabinetry manufactured in a factory setting by a large company, but which also has lots of options to choose from so you can still get "customized" cabinetry even if you can't afford the real deal. You can choose your own measurements, finishes, materials, door designs, hardware, and many other details, knowing you'll end up with a set of cabinets that is all your own at a price far below custom cabinet rates.
Get the update that you want! Use this link for a completeKitchen Remodel
- Stock cabinetry is the least expensive option of the three by a mile. Visit any Home Depot or Lowe's from Castle Rock to Fort Collins and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. These cabinets are pre-designed, pre-made, and pre-measured. By mixing and matching you'll be able to get a set that fits your kitchen, and you'll probably get to choose from a few different finishes as well. Other than that, however, there isn't a lot of choice involved. Still, it's because they can turn these cabinets out on an assembly line that they come at such a great price to homeowners across the metro area.
The Faceless vs. Face Frame Denver Kitchen Cabinet Debate
This is the other decision that is going to lay the foundation for your new kitchen cabinetry. Besides choosing between the three choices above, you'll probably also be presented with the option of either face frame or faceless cabinetry (also called European or Euro style cabinetry). Both styles have equal proponents and detractors from a functional standpoint, so it really boils down to which style you like the best aesthetically.
Face frame cabinet making is the traditional way cabinets have been built in America. These cabinets have a solid wood face frame onto which doors are attached and drawers slide into. As such, they have also generally have more elaborate wood work, and a little more texture to them. Faceless cabinets, on the other hand, are held together by the cabinet box itself. The doors and drawers fit directly onto, and into, this box, and they cover the front of the cabinet box to its edges. This creates a seamless, streamlined, and more modern feel.
Can't decide between the two? Start by stepping back and taking in your home's overall design. Do you live in one of the metro area's surviving turn of the last century farmhouses, complete with Shaker style wood trim and grandma's curtains over the kitchen sink? If so, face frame cabinetry is for you. And on the other side of the fence, if you have a LoDo loft that looks like the set of a futuristic science fiction movie, faceless cabinets are going to be the perfect fit.
How Far to Take Denver Kitchen Cabinet Remodels
Any article on cabinet remodeling would be remiss not to at least mention the fact that pulling out your present set of cabinets presents the perfect opportunity to replace old flooring, appliances, countertops, fixtures, and to paint your kitchen a new color as well. It's not a necessary thing, by any means, but then we all thought the old rainbow Nugget uniforms were okay until we saw the baby blues. Now all it takes is one look at vintage footage of Alex English in his hot pants to put that debate to rest. That being said, you've been properly warned: the same thing often happens with kitchen cabinet remodels in Denver. Once the new cabinetry is introduced, the rest of the kitchen suddenly looks shockingly out of date. Regardless of whether you decide cabinets are enough or that you're ready for something more, you can rest easy knowing that either way, kitchen cabinet remodeling in Denver is an excellent home improvement choice for any homeowner to invest in.Matt Goering, formerly a carpenter and house painter, is a freelance writer for the home improvement industry who has published over 600 articles.
More Tips & Advice For Your Home
- Related Articles
- Recent Articles
- Encompass Real Estate Solutions, LLC