3 Washer & Dryer Maintenance Tips
Maintaining your washer and dryer is an important part of improving the safety and efficiency of your home. Here’s how to keep both in great shape:
- Add a drip pan. Drip pans keep your flooring and washer safe from water damage. Clean your drip pan on a regular basis to ensure it stays in good shape.
- Clean your lint trap. Use a snorkel brush to remove accumulation in your lint trap.
- Clean your dryer vents. Disconnect your dryer duct and use a brush to clear out any lint accumulation.
P.S. Lint accumulation is a common source of home fires. Inspect your dryer on a regular basis to eliminate dangerous build up.
How to Deep Clean a Washing Machine
A dirty washing machine can cause unpleasant odors and leave your clothes unclean. Here’s how to keep your washing machine blemish free:
- Run a cycle of bleach and hot water. Bleach will kill odor-causing bacteria and clean out your washing machine.
- Use a natural cleaner. Mix two cups of white distilled vinegar, one-fourth cup of baking soda and one-fourth cup of water. Place your mixture in your washer and run a cycle.
- Clean the seal. Use a wet rag to wipe down the rubber seal on your washer door.
- Sterilize the soap dispenser. Remove and rinse your washer’s soap dispenser.