How Do I Remove a Stubborn Faucet Handle?

by HomeAdvisor

See if We Have Top-Rated
Plumbers in Your Area

Related Articles

  • Find Top-Rated Pros

Q: I have a leak in my bathtub. I attempted to change the stem but cannot remove the handle of the faucet. I am afraid to force it and break a pipe inside. What can I do to loosen the handle?

A: I know exactly what you are talking about. There is a very handy tool available for such a problem as yours called a handle puller. This tool can be purchased from any large home hardware store or home center for less than $20. Without this tool you might break the handle or stem and would need to hire a licensed plumber to come repair it.

Vince McDonald, McDonald Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, Sacramento, CA